Sunday, February 24, 2013

Time stands still for no one

I admit that I forgot about my blog entirely. So much chaos has happened since my last post.
I've moved twice, I bought a house, I went back to work, my babies grew, I went on a weight loss journey and slipped again, I quit smoking then took it up again, there's been grief and sadness and happiness and time has plodded along.

There's so much I want to fit into my life every day but I always find myself going back to the adage that there aren't enough hours in the day.  But...(always a but)...but there are.  I just choose not to use them wisely. There's part of me that enjoys the chaos to an extent.  It gives me something to worry about. Sounds strange, but true.

So those lists again...baby steps this time around.  I'm going to pick three things to accomplish in the next seven days and make a concerted effort to tick them off:

1) make it back to Zumba - I went for a year straight. Loved it. Every minute of it. Then there was a break for the holidays and I haven't made it back. Something always comes up, or I'm too tired, or some other excuse! Time to dance!

2) Go meat free one day a week.  I follow a lady who is vegan. I see her posts day in and day out on Facebook. So starting this week I want to attempt a meat free day. 

3) Pack my lunch for work. Simple and money saving! I'm tired of the greasy, fatty food at the cafe across the road.  I only work three days a week so it's not even a huge effort!

Actually I'm going to add a fourth goal here

4) early nights. I'm a night owl, always have been. So this week I'll aim for three early nights on the days before I work.

And the clock says 1222...time's ticking!

Mummypants





No comments:

Post a Comment